It has been one of those whirl wind weeks, where all you can do sometimes is hang on. The clinic was extremely busy for late October. I also had to incorporate parent teacher conferences into the week. We were able to easily clear that hurdle. So, my much deserved relaxing weekend was in view, until we sold the calves on Wednesday with a delivery clause! There went my weekend. So Friday night, my dad showed up with a trailer and we were set to head north in the morning.
David and I saddled up, and headed out at sunset, to gather the calves. We were able to gather them successfully, with no drama from us or the cattle. We must be maturing, we usually don’t get along that well working cattle. (maybe he was nicer cause I was all he had) All went well and they were sexed and weighed, and we were ready and waiting when the brand inspector arrived. I was a little worried when my dad was working the steer gate, he doesn’t move like he use to, and I was so nervous that he wouldn’t get that gate opened in time, and we would be back to square one. But he didn’t miss even one!